Beetroot, Coconut and Ginger Soup
2 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
1 diced onion
3 cloves of chopped garlic
1 tsp grated fresh or dried turmeric
2 tbsp chopped ginger
3 beetroots peeled and roughly chopped
2 carrots peeled and chopped
1 cup of Brambletye apple juice
1 cup of vegetable stock
1 tin/carton of coconut milk
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan heat the oil on a medium flame and softly fry the onion without browning.
- Add garlic, chopped beetroot and carrots and continue to cook on a medium heat until the ingredients in the pan start to turn golden.
- Add ginger and turmeric, cook until fragrant then add apple juice
- Once it begins to boil add the coconut milk and stock. Stir well and cover for 15-20mins.
- Blend until smooth, season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with a drizzle of remaining coconut milk and a squeeze of lemon
- Enjoy with our delicious sourdough bread!